Wednesday, August 25, 2010

"Mermaid" French


My nail polish collection is multiplying like rabbits, and while that is a good thing because I have so many options, it also overwhelms me. I'm never sure what color or design I want to do. I asked my boyfriend what color he thought I should do. He suggested a sea foam green or a simple french manicure. As soon as he mentioned the sea foam green, "Mint Candy Apple" from Essie popped into my head. It is slightly more blue than sea foam, but I remembered how creamy it went on and realized it would be perfect for the tip on a french. I used "Your Blue-tiful" from Piggy Polish as the base and as the final layer after doing the tips. The base coat is Nailtiques top coat is Seche Vite. I also used those little french nail tip sticker guides since my free hand french isn't perfect yet. They left some sticker residue which bothered me but after I applied the final coats of "Your Blue-tiful" and Seche Vite it wasn't so noticeable.

No comments:

Post a Comment