Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Liebster Blog Award


Rules 
- Copy and paste the award on your blog.
- Thank the giver and link back to the blogger who gave it to you.
- Reveal your top 5 picks and let them know by leaving a comment on their blog.


Thank you to Tyne at Lovebeangirl for nominating me for this award! This award is for up and coming nail bloggers, people who have less than 200 followers. Such a lovely award!
I love Tyne's blog. She is super sweet and thoughtful, she responds to every single one of the comments that her readers leave! If I had received this award from someone else, she would have been one of the first nominated!


Interestingly enough, my current favorite blogs are smaller blogs with less than 200 followers. I chose 6 blogs to share instead of 5 :)


Polish and Pigments- Not your typical swatch/review blog. MK is so detailed and organized with lists of products for frankening and how they performed. A gem for the franken community. 


Karla's Nail Design- Karla shows us that you can find a silver lining in the darkest cloud. Going through some tough times she found solace in nail polish and nail art. It became her passion and now she is studying to be a nail technician. She was so talented before her formal training, so I can only imagine how promising her future career will be! 



Lil Smug Pug- 2 of my favorite things EVER are nail polish (DUH!) and pugs. Well one day I randomly typed "pugs nail polish" in Google and I found this blog. Anyone who swatches nail polish with a PUG in the background is just simply amazing. Every time I go to her blog I smile. Too cute. I want to make friends with her and her pug.

Je T'aime Lacquer- I recently found her blog and I am digging her nail art. How cool is her Halloween "buried alive/clawed out of the grave" manicure? Super cool!!


Men and Nail Polish- Jim is a regular guy who happens to like nail polish. He believes nail polish should be for everyone, and I agree. 



EyeGraffiti- Ok so this isn't a nail blog like the rest, but Phlox and Azure do some wild makeup looks!! In addition to creative colorful eye looks, there are some funky cool lip looks as well. Red-yellow-green gradient lips? Whoa!


other blogs that I currently like but wouldn't qualify for this award:


More Nail Polish- An Aussie mom with a passion for frankening. But not just any normal frankening. Spectraflair and color shifting pigments! LOVE. Also, some really good swatches of drool worthy Ozotics. Which I will have to settle for just the pics as they are very expensive to ship to the USA. Oh well! 


LoodieLoodieLoodie- She has the most gorgeous nails! Super curved and a nice shape and length. She is very informative on nail care and has a great sense of humor!


My Nail Graffiti- Amber and her artist husband team up to make some awesome nail art and frankens! If you like what you see you can buy them too. They also are selling XL and XXL nail plates. I definitely have to get some!!

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for the shout out and your sweet words, I really like how you took time to describe why you liked the blogs so thoughful, I hope this means your back...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't forgotten the award (nor my response) but choosing five is harder than I thought it would be. Still working on that. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wiho!!! Thank you so much Frankenstyna for such kind and awesome words to and about us!!!
    We will definitely look into this, and make some nominees to award!! This will be so much fun, so thanks again for this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hello there again! Just wanted to let you know we've given you an award too, so check out our blog to find out more!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw thanks! Your post was so thoughtful and my pug really appreciated the compliments (she's so freakin narcissistic). I'll have to think about this one carefully too and pick my five.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the award and thanks for passing it on--I hadn't seen all of those blogs before and love finding new-to-me ones.

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi there again, frankenstyna! we've posted our awards now, so thanks again!!! hope to see some nails soon! :):)

    ReplyDelete